Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says.

I'm in the market for a full suspension 29er under $3k.

There's the:
Fisher HiFi Deluxe
FSR Epic Comp (2011) or Epic Expert (2010)

... and what else?

·
Registered
242 Posts
what about the SJ FSR Comp? Or pony up an extra 300 for the Expert, which should be 3k or less by the time the 2011s hit.

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
If you are speaking of retail pricing on new bikes from bike shops... that's one thing.

If you are willing to shop around, consider used like-new, or build-up's, then you can easily get into a $5000+ bike for your price range. The choices are literally "anything you want" and you are limited only by imagination and patience.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
ncj01 said:
If you are speaking of retail pricing on new bikes from bike shops... that's one thing.

If you are willing to shop around, consider used like-new, or build-up's, then you can easily get into a $5000+ bike for your price range. The choices are literally "anything you want" and you are limited only by imagination and patience.
I agree.

I was going to suggest for that budget to consider buying used. A lot of guys are unloading bikes now whether it is the poor economy and they need to raise cash or they just have too many bikes.

Check the classifieds here as there are some good deals.

BB

·
WNC Native
3,929 Posts
Shop around like the other have said.

As fas as retail, don't forget about the GF Rumblefish I.

·
People of zee wurl,Relax!
341 Posts
Gary Fisher HiFi

I bought a GF HiFi Deluxe a month ago for my 29er full suspension trail bike and it's awesome. I did tons of research and test riding the HiFi was the best bike (for me). This is my third Fisher so I'm partial but I've also owned Specialized, Surly, Giant, Fuji, Santa Cruz, Trek, and a DW link bike and the HiFi is the best riding bike (for me). Test ride lots of bikes but the Fisher has alot going for it with ABP, G2 geometry, and a light frame and fork that has a great warranty. If you can stretch your budget a little the HiFi Pro has a good spec. I bought the Deluxe but upgraded every component but the brakes and my total cost is still under $3300.

·
Pirate!!!
1,449 Posts
trail topher said:
I bought a GF HiFi Deluxe a month ago for my 29er full suspension trail bike and it's awesome. I did tons of research and test riding the HiFi was the best bike (for me). This is my third Fisher so I'm partial but I've also owned Specialized, Surly, Giant, Fuji, Santa Cruz, Trek, and a DW link bike and the HiFi is the best riding bike (for me). Test ride lots of bikes but the Fisher has alot going for it with ABP, G2 geometry, and a light frame and fork that has a great warranty. If you can stretch your budget a little the HiFi Pro has a good spec. I bought the Deluxe but upgraded every component but the brakes and my total cost is still under $3300.
x2:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holy crap. When you start a thread like this does everyone get bombarded with PMs offering bikes for sale?

Jesus people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts