Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to Planet Bike http://www.planetbike.com/
about fenders for my Monkey and they said they didn't have any, but were in the process of making them as we speak. He didn't give me a time, but asured me they were going to be reallity. That's cool because I know about the battle to get good tires. The thing is if the 29er market isn't big enough (Yet) to profit off tire sales, then the 29er full coverage fender market has to be really small. I mean every 29er has to have tire, but how many of us want Full coverage Fenders. I want them to commute. Right now I have to clip ons and they keep some stiff off, but in no way like a full coverage.

They may not be here in time for much of this season, may not be a big deal for most . . . errr a lot of 29er riders, but it's just another brick in the 29er component wall.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
i am sure there is a reason but i can't think of it....

why won't the normal fat freddies work? i got one on my cross check and it is HUGE. easily big enough to cover a 2.1 i'd think...

i noticed in the pics on the jeff jones thread he rides fenders of road on his niner. those are the ones i would love some ideas about. if they can stand up to mountain biking they must be some burly fenders.

between me and my girlfiend we have broken about 3 fenders just this fall alone. same thing everytime, stick gets kicked up between the tire and the fender, before you can stop BOOM exploded fender.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Thanks for posting this news up, Hex. I, too, think it's good news. Whoever sees them first, post up when they are available, I need a pair.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.