Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying hello as I am a new member to mtbr and this is my first post!:D

I started MTB Oct of last year, before that 84' on a dirt jumping 20" Mongoose with Tuff Wheels! Needles to say it had been a while, so I rode a friends Kona 26"HT a few times and I was hooked! went to the LBS and since $ was tight I picked up a used 2010 Diamondback Overdrive 29er. From the advice of the shop owner I went to a 29er as it felt better under my 6' 1" 225lb frame, and I'm glad I did! What I am wanting to do now as far as riding is concerned is, take my agressive riding style and put a better bike under me, as I'm wanting to do jumps and drops (nothing more than a 5' drop is expected due to terrain). I'm also wanting a more slacked HA as when carving turns I get a front wheel under the frame feeling as well as rolling steep drops. Weight on my bike is about 33.5lbs, and if the FS build goes over by a # or 2 that's ok. So what guidelines I have in mind for a 29er FS build is this.

Durability over weight, (taking in mind not to spend money when only weight savings is gained)
Slacked HA (get that front wheel out in front!)
5" or better all around suspension travel (taking in mind a large amount of XC riding)
Made in the USA (this would be nice! Bring on the boutique bikes :thumbsup: )

So with these guidelines and the knowledge of other riders this is the build list so far;

Frame Lenz Sport Behemoth, (Med, 5" travel, Coilover shock, rear 135mmx10mm TA)
Fork Minatou Tower Comp (140mm.)
Crankset Saint FC M810-2 (175mm w/73mm BB shell, 36-22T)
Hubs Saint M810 32h (frnt/110mmx20mm TA, rear/135mmx10mm TA)
Rims Sun-Ringle MTX33
Spokes undecided
Cassette Saint SLX HG-80 (9 sp, 11-34T)
Rear derailuer Saint RD-810-SS
Front derailuer undicided
Shifters Saint SL-M810
Brakes Avid Elixer R (frnt 8", rear 7" disc)
Headset undecided
Handle bar low rise something
Seat post Rox shox adjustable
Saddle undecided

this bike will be blacked out with the frame in semiG black!
any comments or suggestions are welcome as I'm a newb to the sport!;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts