Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a spread sheet or some other type of elec document with the frame dimensions of 29ers like the Mariachi, Karate Monkey, Inbred, Kona Unit, etc. etc.? If so could you post a link somehow or PM it to me? I did a search on the forums for this and could find people offering this up but couldn't find one posted. If there's a website with all of this info in 1 spot that would work great as well. Thanks!

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
tell us all you need to know, and we'll make one for you.

But really, if specs are so important to you, apparently you know what you want, and when you see it, you'll know. No need for a table. Bikes are bikes. L's are L's, etc. Some will have less seatpost exposed, some will require a longer stem.
The things that matter will not be in the table you'd request, so I'm afraid you best stick to researching this forum. All there is to know, is out there on those, most common, options.

Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to determine which frame size would fit me best in the frames I mentioned and a few others that are popular on the forums. For example, I know the 19" Unit fits but its the only 29er I've been able to ride and probably the only one I will before I make a purchase. I thought someone might already have one together from prior research. I can make one as well but didn't want to duplicate work if someone had it already done. I know my measurements and what I like in terms of reach, stand over, etc. and just want to match them up with the frame dimensions. Thanks.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
problem is...

Western said:
I'm trying to determine which frame size would fit me best in the frames I mentioned and a few others that are popular on the forums. For example, I know the 19" Unit fits but its the only 29er I've been able to ride and probably the only one I will before I make a purchase. I thought someone might already have one together from prior research. I can make one as well but didn't want to duplicate work if someone had it already done. I know my measurements and what I like in terms of reach, stand over, etc. and just want to match them up with the frame dimensions. Thanks.
... a chart can't take into account personal preferences. I can tell you my inseam, reach, and what I ride, but that doesn't mean you'll like it too. I tend to like my bikes a bit on the big side, cause I'm weird like that.

if you can't personally ride one before buying, all you can do is take your best shot and hope you get lucky.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would like a chart as well. I actually asked here the other day for some insight on the common frame brands. I am looking for a short-ish ETT and small-ish cockpit to I can sit in a more upright position. I am having a time trying to figure out which frame to order too. And I have have no way of trying any out either.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
Molly55 said:
I would like a chart as well. I actually asked here the other day for some insight on the common frame brands. I am looking for a short-ish ETT and small-ish cockpit to I can sit in a more upright position. I am having a time trying to figure out which frame to order too. And I have have no way of trying any out either.
Lots of ways to solve the cockpit. Don't cut the steerer tube too short. Load it up with spacers under your stem. Run a short stem (my preference on any 29"er and I ride XL's). A 75mm, 80mm or 90mm is perfect. Get a stem with some rise if need be (Thomson makes a nice 90mm and with 15 degree rise). Use something like a flat 600mm bar with 9 or 12 degree bend in it such as a Syntace Duraflite Superbend bar (effectively "shortens" your stem 15 - 20mm which shortens up your cockpit). Or go super honky nerd bar like a 17 degree bend from Salsa and trim it down to your preferred width. That sucker takes way more than 20mm off your stem length!!

How upright do you want to go? Do you have a profile photo of you on your current bike that shows us your preferred riding position?

Regardless, you can choose a frame within your required size and dial in the cockpit with steerer tube length, spacers, stem, and bar quite easily as all the products are out there to solve your needs.

BB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.