Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a fisher x-cal. The thing is that I am not a huge guy, being about 5'6" and only 140lbs. Would this bike still be the ill nasty or should i stick to its little brother the 26's? Also if anyone has had any expirience with a 17.5" fisher 29er, i was wondering if the wheels got in the way of your toes and whatnot.

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
knucklymoose said:
I am looking at getting a fisher x-cal. The thing is that I am not a huge guy, being about 5'6" and only 140lbs. Would this bike still be the ill nasty or should i stick to its little brother the 26's? Also if anyone has had any expirience with a 17.5" fisher 29er, i was wondering if the wheels got in the way of your toes and whatnot.
I say ride it first and see if you like it....but you shouldn't have any concerns in regards to fit.

However...it seems like a 15" might be a better fit for you at your height......but maybe the top tube length of the 17" is closer to what you're used to.

B

·
Registered
94 Posts
I ride a 17.5" Fisher 293 and love it. I'm 5'8" and it fits me fine. I was a little hesitant on the 29er thing, one ride and I was hooked.

Bryan

·
Registered
512 Posts
what's your budget? if you can, try going to a custom builder who'll build you a 29er with plenty of standover clearance WITH a sufficiently long top tube... make sure you guys discuss toe-overlap issues

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.