Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
smidge under 6'. 31.5ish inseam. NRS is 18.5, ridden anythin for 17.5in trek ally (short side) to faux-19in giants. ordered the 17in, too short, had the TT, but i'm not comfortable with only bout 3cm above line on a 410mm post. ugh. frustratin indeed. 19in might be too steep. either way its on its way back anyway b/c fedex fudged it up b4 it got to the shop.

both RL and the Haro have similar fits. i might have to go monkey. which isnt good b/c we now get hosed on quality orders. any shop guys in here know best way to grab a monkey.

thx, glad to be on here

R

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
UltegraSTI said:
smidge under 6'. 31.5ish inseam. NRS is 18.5, ridden anythin for 17.5in trek ally (short side) to faux-19in giants. ordered the 17in, too short, had the TT, but i'm not comfortable with only bout 3cm above line on a 410mm post. ugh. frustratin indeed. 19in might be too steep. either way its on its way back anyway b/c fedex fudged it up b4 it got to the shop.

both RL and the Haro have similar fits. i might have to go monkey. which isnt good b/c we now get hosed on quality orders. any shop guys in here know best way to grab a monkey.

thx, glad to be on here

R
Go by ETT length. As a shop guy you should know that the ST length has little to do with bike fit. Nothing wrong with using the seatpost as you describe as long as the bottom of the post is below the bottom of the top tube.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
I think the Flight's sizing is very average compared to what's there in 26". Similar top tube lengths. I'd say go 19" for your height. At 4" taller, I'm getting the 21", and I know it'll fit great. with a 120mm stem (based on non-funky bar).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh usin a lil post, did that w/a trek yrs ago (usin a 410 over a 350). but this thing i'm lil over 1in from the line on this ritchey 410 (loox even longer than a 410 in fact)........i'll pass. hence i gotta go look at a monkey i believe. dont really want the monkey (color, call me trivial) b/c he now get hosed on qbp orders. wish surly had an EP of sorts.

i hate my body type when it comes to hardtails. why is it that the most comfortable frame i've ever ridden was a 21in (of all things) damis durango sport sx frame (1 of our store demos). measure out more like a 19ish. in fact i found some1 who printed their 05 catalog on pdf and lookin at the dimensions, close to a 19in red, but we'll see.

ugh

R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.