Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recs on a waterproof mid-priced cover for my Gary Fisher 29er? Most covers I find on the web aren't large enough. Sorry I searched for an existing thread but wasn't successful...Thanks

·
Expert Crasher
6,359 Posts
Is this for outside storage or more for in-transit roof-rack protection.

My thought with outside storage - you could probably do well to find some bulk fabric/liner material (yes, you may have to spend time in Hancock fabrics) and commission a local seamstress to put one together for you - or buy two covers and have them merged together.

·
Bicyclist
2,849 Posts
You could try a motorcycle cover

prb0310 said:
Any recs on a waterproof mid-priced cover for my Gary Fisher 29er? Most covers I find on the web aren't large enough. Sorry I searched for an existing thread but wasn't successful...Thanks
Say like one for a smaller dirt bike. There's tons of covers on ebay, I'm sure you can find something there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
29er Cover Suggestions

Good thoughts and thanks. It's for loose fit cover on my small balcony. Doesn't look like anything specifically is made for 29er's now so I think the fabric or moto cover would be good solutions

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
I may try the moto option for transport on the back of my truck using a fork mount rack.

Thanks for the tip.
G

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the $10 covers from nashbar and while it fits my 29er, its definitely not waterproof and its so baggy that when I'm driving down the road with the bikes in the back of my truck, the cover acts as a parachute until it gets pulled off.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
GreenLightGo said:
My thought with outside storage - you could probably do well to find some bulk fabric/liner material (yes, you may have to spend time in Hancock fabrics) and commission a local seamstress to put one together for you - or buy two covers and have them merged together.
Or the cover for (larger) gas grills...

:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.