Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one sell a 29" build kit? I want to buy a MC frame/fork and build it up, but thinking of piecing together the components to suit my preference. Can this be done for under $700? Would it be better to buy a MC complete and just upgrade what I want? Trying to keep my total expense to under $1000. Any suggestions?

G

·
it could probably be done.

the old engineering saying definitely stands true for bike parts though, "Cheap, Light, Strong. Pick two!"

your best bet is to find a girl that works at a bike shop and show her a good time in exchange for a discount on your parts!!!! :)

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts
If you're looking for a complete build kit, what are the chances of it suiting your preferences to begin with since you're not selecting the components individually? Why not buy a complete RLMC and swap out what you decide you don't like? There isn't much "wrong" with a stock RLMC to begin with...

-pete

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I'm leaning the way of buying a complete bike and upgrading what I want. I'm looking for an MC with the flat green paint and found some frames on Ebay. I don't like the gloss paint on the new '07 MC's so still looking for a used one.

Any where on the net besides Ebay I can find an '05 or '06 MC with the flat green paint?

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts
yucaipaken said:
Yeah I'm leaning the way of buying a complete bike and upgrading what I want. I'm looking for an MC with the flat green paint and found some frames on Ebay. I don't like the gloss paint on the new '07 MC's so still looking for a used one.
Yucaipaken: The color of the '07s are matte, not glossy at all -- at least with the "mud" color. The picture Redline has on their site is a very poor representation, it doesn't look anything like that in real-life. It's a very military, matte brown with a slightly darker appearance unless it's under those glaring photo-shoot lights.

-pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts