Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Custom Wheelbuilder
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey MTBR! Check out this Strong Cycles custom 29er belt drive. It has custom Phil Wood hubs with custom with custom cogs and Edge Composites rims (which are rock solid). Hope you guys like the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm not an emoticon guy, but that bike's getting some.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: .... and one of these, :cool:

·
Official Profile
74 Posts
enio said:
driveside rear triangle looks solid. how do you exchange the belt?
what he said...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Aww Snap!! said:
what he said...
The slider splits in two and the bolts hold it together. If you follow the lines of the chain stay you see it runs inside the lines of the seat stay.

Nice looking bike and I want that front cog in red.....

·
WNC Native
3,892 Posts
That is simply BAD A**!!! Love the custom cog too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
enio said:
driveside rear triangle looks solid. how do you exchange the belt?
X2, maybe i'm reetard but I can't see where the dropout/slider splits and these 2 holes in the seatstay look like holes so you can rivet a cable guide to hold the possible derailleur cable going down there...

MORE PICS of that section of the frame, please, thanks.

Crazy bike that's for sure but it's lacking a red seat collar !

·
Custom Wheelbuilder
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Unfortunately I cannot take any close-up shots of that rear triangle seeing as I do not have the bike in my possession anymore (unfortunately). But a few of you were right. There is two bolts half way up the seatstay that split apart in order to get the belt in. And since it is a fully titanium frame the flex of the rear triangle allows for those to slide apart quite easily. I will have call the owner and ask him the exact weight. But this is perhaps one of the sexiest rigs I have ever had the honor to work on.

P.S. The red graphics on the Edge rims really set the bike off. By the way I will let the owner know that he needs to put a red seat collar on this sexy thang. Good call..

Roland F.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts