Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Beware of Doggerel
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the size (eyelet to eyelet, stroke and whatever else one needs to know) shock that fits a '04 medium 292/3? Has anyone run the DT swiss shock on a 292/3? Is there any other shock on the market that fits a 292 and has a fail safe lockout?

I have a Marz. MXR 29 air that came stock on my MT Tam the first year they came out (2002 I think) Anyone know how to increase the travel on this fork to 100mm? Or if something like that can even be done?

Here is my project:
I've got a 292 frame but no shock yet (not here yet but at a buddys shop back east). I really want to run the DT swiss shock because of the fail safe lockout. Also until I commit to keeping the frame I want to try it out with parts I already have. My fork choices come down to my CX-1 or My MXR 29 but I'd really like to try the bike w/100mm before I decide if I keep the frame or not. Any ideas on the above??

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I can help!

Adam said:
Anyone know the size (eyelet to eyelet, stroke and whatever else one needs to know) shock that fits a '04 medium 292/3? Has anyone run the DT swiss shock on a 292/3? Is there any other shock on the market that fits a 292 and has a fail safe lockout?

Having just changed the rear shock on my Sugar 292 (Albeit an '03 model but I'm 99% certain they are identical except there is only one shock mounting position on the '04 model) to a 5th Eleement Air, provided the '04 is the same then I know the shock length and stroke you need are 7.875" * 2.0" or 200mm * 50mm, same thing!
No lockout on the 5th element but inital impressions with the pedalling platform are very good and I haven't really begun to mess around with setting it up yet!

I hope this helps?!

I'm afraid I can't really help you out to much with the fork query as I've just this morning found out my Marzocchi Marathon SL's don't seem to be working properly!
The ECC lockout only seems to work for about half of the travel now!
The fork only compresses, not rebounds for around 30-40mm of it's total travel than begins rebounding normally for the rest of it's travel while the ECC is still in the on position!

Anybody had this problem or know what it might be?!

Cheers

Laters

Mat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.