Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
rider
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoke with Fisher tech & replacement of the Sugar 29ers is a possibility for '06. They won't know for sure until August. Something is in the works but it is not known if it will be ready for '06.

The factory line is that it will be a superior product when it comes out, no surprise there. Put in my feelings that a Cake like 29er would not be my choice for a 29er trail bike. Now if Fisher wants to increase the model range and come out with something along the lines of the Lenz Sport Behemoth, I think a lot of 29er folk would be very interested.

After all, Fisher is known to watch this board...

29erchico

·
Registered
98 Posts
it's true

They are gone from what I was told. My rep said he saw a cake 29er, so I'm assuming that's what it will be :( I'm not very happy about that, I really don't think the cake is that sweet of a design. Oh well, I am happy about that new Sugar I just bought though :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
That sucks I was hopin the next 292 would have the new reba with a carbon crown, yup thats right 06 will have a carbon crowned reba, so looks like Im gonna have to sell my race and ep the new one. Less of course I like the replacement of the 292, either way Ill let yall know when I go to the product preview in august :D

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
I got a rumor, from an extremely reliable source, and a long time ago, that Fisher Subaru riders have been requesting something light and efficient. Not necessarily Cake, although I can see how 29" Cake proto's make sense to coming to solutions. The intention seemed to be to come with a 29"-dedicated design, nothing copied from 26" this time.
There's still a lot of working designs to be tried in 29" FS land. I've barely seen any non-straight seattubes, that'll be the first nut to crank IMO.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Cloxxki said:
There's still a lot of working designs to be tried in 29" FS land. I've barely seen any non-straight seattubes, that'll be the first nut to crank IMO.
That and a straight top tube would rock, pisses me off that I have nowhere to mount my bottle cage, at least in the triangle with a normal sized bottle... I say they gank the fuel design and tweak it for 29s... Imagine a top fuel 29er, Im gettin hard thinkin bout it

·
Registered
650 Posts
the 292/293 were dropped in the UK from the '05 range. It wasn't a big seller over here which is a shame. I think if they had given it more time things may have been different.

I can't wait to see wht is new for next year and am hoping for a replacement more down the XC route than the all mountain.

I had heard about the Reba's with Carbon crowns but thought they were 26" only.

P::..

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Darik said:
They are gone from what I was told. My rep said he saw a cake 29er, so I'm assuming that's what it will be :( I'm not very happy about that, I really don't think the cake is that sweet of a design. Oh well, I am happy about that new Sugar I just bought though :D
Yes, the Sugar rear suspension is more efficient to prevent pedal induced bobbing. One would think that the Cake rear suspension, having a single pivot, would be more reliable. However, look over on the Trek forum and you have all kinds of people having problems with the bearings coming loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.