Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with these rims? I am thinking of lacing them up with either King or Hope Pro 2 hubs. I have had Pro 2 hubs and liked them alot, but havent decided yet.

Anyways, I am about 230 (hope to be closer to 200 when season starts in Michigan) riding a Rigid 29'er 1x9. XC type riding. I am going to go 2.4 up front and 2.25 in the rear. Any experience or other suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you, barroo. I'm going with Hope Pro 2 hubs and am considering having them built up with Blunts (and also in MI). Definitely interested in other riders' experiences with them, especially if anyone ran them tubeless.

I talked to the guys at the LBS that deals with Velocity quite a bit, and they've been happy with them. The Bell's team uses them, mostly for training, but I guess they race on VXC's (lighter, narrower). A former Bells rider said his Blunts didn't go out of true after 2 seasons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.