Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
One weight for 2 sizes, you think? I've got $10 saying the 29" version will be over 400g.

·
Administrator
10,533 Posts
I thought that I read that they were made by Stans. Check the specs for the 355 I think. MBAction tested a FRM bike awhile ago that had the rims and mentioned that they are re-badged Stans rims.

·
Administrator
10,533 Posts
I think you are right. The bike MBAction reviewed was a 26er and it may have had the ZTR rims on it with FRM stickers.

Although the rim looks similar to the stans in section

FRM

stan's

I would bet that they or who ever makes the stans rims also makes these only in an eyeleted version, probably to not compete with stans for ultimate lightweight.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
You couldn't pay me to ride a 350 gram 700c rim. I have some 350 gram 26" rims that are down right scary. I couldn't imagine how horrible they'd be in a larger size at that weight. :eek:

·
Welcome to the Gem...
811 Posts
tomb raiding your own threads, DC? come on...

flow and arch versions?? if they want some serious lawsuit action, probably, yes.

·
SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
1,198 Posts
I'm actually riding the XMD 333 in the 29'er version and I weigh about 190lbs and love them. For a rim so stiff, they are also quite light.

I've heard that it's difficult to get FRM rims in the States due to Stans claiming patent infringement. Is that true? FYI - I live in Germany so it's easy for me to get them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts