Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Surly ECR out today on some nice single track. I have rode the trail lots of times on my 29 front suppression but this was the first time on a rigid bike and it was a blast. People talk about riding single speed to improve riding and reading the trail but riding an all steel rigid will teach you a lot. Looking forward to doing it a lot more.

· Registered
160 Posts
Too right. Her and I did a local 30 km loop yesterday in brilliant winter sunshine. A mix of green and blue singletrack - so engaging - like the old days mtb on rigid (first love). We both feel the upper body workout today.
The Krampacker with its new Bombtrack c fork is perfect - just need a dropper now. Plus a new Beyond+ ADV and smiles per mile:

· Registered
Living Life with a Severe Traumatic Brain Injury is not Fun so go foe a Ride
743 Posts
Hello,
two-niners are mountain bikes and hybrid bikes that are built to use 700c or 622 mm ISO wheels, commonly called 29" wheels. Most mountain bikes once used ISO 559 mm wheels, commonly called 26" wheels.
Yes the 1st three Ritchey mountain bikes were 650b (later called 27.5").
My 2nd mountain bike had a 26" front and a 24" rear, but thank goodness we have almost all moved on to 29"ers.
Much more comfortable and fun to ride.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

· Registered
Living Life with a Severe Traumatic Brain Injury is not Fun so go foe a Ride
743 Posts
Yes , Mr. Peter its very comfort to ride
Which?

The Old Fully Titanium bike was a Pig.
Mountain biking moved so far forward with 29"ers.
I have rode safer and faster on 2.6"× 29" wheeled bikes.
At my work we had to giveaway the last dozen 26" wheeled Mountain Bikes.
No one is interested in small wheels anymore.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

· Registered
440 Posts
Took the Surly ECR out today on some nice single track. I have rode the trail lots of times on my 29 front suppression but this was the first time on a rigid bike and it was a blast. People talk about riding single speed to improve riding and reading the trail but riding an all steel rigid will teach you a lot. Looking forward to doing it a lot more.
It is the way. I love riding the 'ol Krampus as a rigid single speed.

· Registered
6,157 Posts
It's been a few years since I had my rigid geared Krampus and rigid SS Karate Monkey, but I do miss them and apply the lessons I learned riding them to my current hardtail.

Lift, pop, attack. Not sit, relax, pedal.

Dr Don's rigid 29+ is exactly what I need in my life, but for now I may have to settle for another Krampus.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.