Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, MTBR is testing a beta feature for signatures. By clicking this link, you'll be able to add a visual list of things you own to display to other members. This test is still in the early stages and very limited, but it will allow you to make your sig more dynamic and useful. Shoot us a PM to provide your feedback.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy a redline monocog and am torn between the 29er or stick with the 26er. I am 5'7" with about a 30" inseam. The 29 looks so big and heavy. Are there any other short people out there on 29s? Will the 29 really benefit a shorter person?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Like Rainman says ...

I'm pretty much the same height as you and have absolutely no problem with the 29er.

Can't believe I was a 26" holdout for ages when I could have jumped on the 29er wagon sooner ... Its a freakish experience ... more traction, more stability and much more speed ... perfect for the SS.

For a good insight into the how the 29er rides for 'shorter' people, check out teamdicky's posts on his Zion 29er ... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.