Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up today for shop stock and have no idea what it fits :D ..anyone know what bike uses a 29.4? :thumbsup:

Like I said...NOT for sale ....

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
1991 GT Xizang PM sent! I've always run a shim and a 27.2 post in my frame instead of adding the weight of a pipe that size.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I found another bike it fits...my Haro Extreme E-Stay.;)

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
gm1230126 said:
1991 GT Xizang PM sent! I've always run a shim and a 27.2 post in my frame instead of adding the weight of a pipe that size.
often times the larger diamter posts are actually lighter than the 27.2 posts. Aluminum likes to be fat.

There are a couple nice handmade frames that use a 29.4.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fillet-brazed said:
often times the larger diamter posts are actually lighter than the 27.2 posts. Aluminum likes to be fat.

There are a couple nice handmade frames that use a 29.4.
"Independant Fabrication" being the one I found in my search...fairly odd size.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
stan4bikes said:
I picked this up today for shop stock and have no idea what it fits :D ..anyone know what bike uses a 29.4? :thumbsup:

Like I said...NOT for sale ....
My son's old Trek came with a 29.4 and when I had to replace it, I looked forever to find another. Believe it or not, it was the very low end model 800.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what an idea for a project...

Quite a task but a seatpost database would be great...I know Sheldon Brown has a great one but I think an update pertaining more to VRC bikes might be great. There are so many questions posted about it here(including mine). Maybe weekly we could post a thread on a specific size (ie: starting with small sizes and working up), and have everyone share thier knowledge. Then move that info to a sticky...would that work? Would there be interest in sharing that info and would you guys contribute?

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
Early 90s Marin Pine Mountains were 29.4 also. The 1991 one with the matte black and neon orange for example.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.