Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old GT avalanche currently uses a 28 hole non-disc front hub and I was looking to purchase a 28H disc version so that I could utilize disc brakes. The only option I have seen so far is a Shimano XTR M970 28h Front Hub from Niagara Cycle Works for $75 but I am not sure if this is the disc version. Do you know of any other online stores that may carry this type of hub or should I just make a ton of calls to local bikes shops?

I don't want to waste too much money on this old bike so the <$70 price range is my limit

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
TrailBlaza said:
My old GT avalanche currently uses a 28 hole non-disc front hub and I was looking to purchase a 28H disc version so that I could utilize disc brakes. The only option I have seen so far is a Shimano XTR M970 28h Front Hub from Niagara Cycle Works for $75 but I am not sure if this is the disc version. Do you know of any other online stores that may carry this type of hub or should I just make a ton of calls to local bikes shops?

I don't want to waste too much money on this old bike so the <$70 price range is my limit
You can buy a whole new disc wheel for $70 if you shop around.

Reusing an old rim is not a good idea and you would need new spokes in any case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.