Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
probably a waste of time, but i have a single-speed 28h hub (spaced for a road frame, but i can add some washers and such to fix that) and a 26" 32h rim. a regular spoke calculator gave me 263mm spokes for 3x but that's with a matching 28h rim. is there any way to lace this wheel and get an accurate measurement on spokes? i have seen this done many times with bmx wheels using 36h hubs and 48h rims or vice versa.

·
Registered
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hub flange diameters are both 62mm, flange-to-nut on the drive side is 30mm. the spacing is at 120mm right now, so the added spacers on the left would make the flange-to-nut distance on the left 45mm. the rim in question has an ERD of 535mm.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
mack_turtle said:
probably a waste of time, but i have a single-speed 28h hub (spaced for a road frame, but i can add some washers and such to fix that) and a 26" 32h rim. a regular spoke calculator gave me 263mm spokes for 3x but that's with a matching 28h rim. is there any way to lace this wheel and get an accurate measurement on spokes? i have seen this done many times with bmx wheels using 36h hubs and 48h rims or vice versa.
Total waste of time. Just get the proper hub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts