Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Masher
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered and have received a set of CK 28h hubs and as soon as the 2009 Race X Lite rims become available from Bontrager I am having the set built up for my GF Rig (hardtail). The guys who want to build it tell me 28h is perfectly strong and I should have no trouble with the riding I do which is pretty aggressive and not altogether smooth as I have only been riding a little over a year.

But around here everyone seems to ride 32h rims at least and some 36. No one seems to build up 28h wheels and now I am starting to feel like I jumped the gun on 28h rims.

Shoudl I feel comfortable with my 28h build? Are these wheels going to be maintenance intensive?

Thank you for your help. I am not very knowledgable I am finding out very quickly.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
How much do you weigh? All of the Fisher 29ers, except the Rig, come with 28 hole wheels, so you should be fine, assuming the wheels will be well built.

·
Masher
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I weigh 175. Give or take. I don't keep much gear with me when I ride. Usually just water.

I just needed a little reassurance dropping this much coin on a new set of wheels.

Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts