Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Masher
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered and have received a set of CK 28h hubs and as soon as the 2009 Race X Lite rims become available from Bontrager I am having the set built up for my GF Rig (hardtail). The guys who want to build it tell me 28h is perfectly strong and I should have no trouble with the riding I do which is pretty aggressive and not altogether smooth as I have only been riding a little over a year.

But around here everyone seems to ride 32h rims at least and some 36. No one seems to build up 28h wheels and now I am starting to feel like I jumped the gun on 28h rims.

Shoudl I feel comfortable with my 28h build? Are these wheels going to be maintenance intensive?

Thank you for your help. I am not very knowledgable I am finding out very quickly.

·
Masher
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I weigh 175. Give or take. I don't keep much gear with me when I ride. Usually just water.

I just needed a little reassurance dropping this much coin on a new set of wheels.

Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.