Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a set of mavic crossride wheels, non-disc, that i'd like to add disc brakes to. but. they're 28-hole rims. are there disc-compatible, 9-speed compatible, hubs out there that won't cost a mint?

please and thanks!
matt

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
I believe WTB is doing a 28 hole disc hub now. Haven't seen them in person yet though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hope Pro II - 28 hole hubs

Hi there

I bought a pair of Mavic XM819 rims for a great price on eBay (US$80) - but failed to notice they were 28 holes. Then I discovered there are very few 28 hole hubs available.

Eventually got the a pair of Hope Pro II hubs from an eBay supplier in the UK - I think they worked out to about $US350 for the pair shipped to Aus.

Really happy with the hubs (and the rims) Freewheel is very loud, but I like it. And you can convert to through axle with a kit.

Went for Alpine III triple butted spokes to compensate for the relatively few number of spokes.

Gone tubeless now too.

Cheers

Nic

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
mlwarriner said:
i've got a set of mavic crossride wheels, non-disc, that i'd like to add disc brakes to. but. they're 28-hole rims. are there disc-compatible, 9-speed compatible, hubs out there that won't cost a mint?

please and thanks!
matt
You are better of building with new rims than trying to re-use used rims. It is difficult at best to get the balanced spoke tension required for a durable wheel.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
one more

there's also the XTR 965 front disc hub in a 28h...

·
Registered
40 Posts
28 Hole is Gay......the rims are not going to build good anyway, so why not spend an extra $80.00 on some real rims with new hubs and then you have new wheels without gay 28 holes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.