Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone ever try this? The removable core would make it easy for fill and refills. Im sicka havin to go through the hassle everytime I switch tires and a little added weight is not an issue to me. Seems like it would work and no mo tubeless hassle.

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
Another alternative... 29'er Salsa [Kenda] tubes ... poke a small hole in them after pre-roughing up the area with some sandpaper, inject the slime or stans... wipe clean, patch hole with a good quality patch like Rema.

Go ride.. :thumbsup: :D

You can use this method with any brand of tube, but I prefer the Kenda.

R.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I've done the same with the schwalbe tubes, removed the core and filled a 50cc cow syringe with stans. It was kinda tough to squirt the stans' through a syringe because it's acts like a hole in the tube, put in 50cc in the tubes and I can still hear it slosh a bit, no way to know if its really going to work since its still winter road riding up here. True test will be in 3 weeks at Old Peublo rather than deal with the mess and uncertainty of a 29er tubeless system, I'm preping 10 tubes to have on hand and will try this out for the thorns. The schwalbes are very light, 155g each and maybe another 50 for the fluid.

·
Registered
73 Posts
stans

I have put Stans in my tubes too, after removing the core.
Works perfectly. A few weeks ago I had 7 punctures in the front and 5 in the rear without loosing any air.

Works much better than slime or similar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.