Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
270 ish when pedaling ..........just got a gary fisher kingfisher......

Need to upgrade the fork........supposedly has the original Manitou fork.......it's waaaay to soft........

What I'm want in is a dual crown air or maybe a coil fork......
With a 20 mill. Axle.....

I'm new to this stuff so I'm not really up on all the fancy stuff so I'm lookin for yalls help.............budget is around 500 bucks give or take a few dollars...

oh and I'm gonna be setting this thing up alittle stiff so I can ride with my friends but need the travel and strength for my hilarious attempt at taking flight......lol

Also the rear is a coil fox shock...so I'm gonna need a stiffer rear spring....think in around a 350lb or more spring...I'm thinking

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,887 Posts
You might find a used 170mm Rock Shox Lyrik Solo Air with a straight steerer that is near your budget on ebay, but that may take some patience. You might find a Marzocchi around that too. That straight tube steerer is going to be the fly in the ointment for new-ish single crowns, and double crowns are likely to be too long. Just be patient, and you'll find something. 270lbs suited up to ride isn't going to be that much of a problem if you stick with an air spring. A coil fork might work out too if you can get the spring sourced.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I rode a 2008 Fox 36 vanilla RC2 pretty hard for a few year's. I was probly 275 or so and with the stiffest spring it worked well. Straight steertube, 160mm travel and 20mm through axle. Can probly pick one up kinda cheap off Ebay. Do aquick service and game on.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
FWIW, I ride a 140mm RS Revelation with 32mm stanchions at 240lbs. I think you'd be fine on something like a Fox Float 34 or RS Pike (35mm stanchions) since you're only 30lbs up on me.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
My rock shox tk 32 xc that came on my rocky mountain trailer head is great now that i have proper pressure, i figured i needed 165 psi for a 270 lbs rider works great now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts