Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Well, that is better than the last time I saw Sunrace stuff. There was a link from the side bar here last year, and the rear derailleur, cassette, and chain were in the SRAM X0 price range if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Must have missed it, $48 was the price and it went down...apparently for only one day.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk
unless i am missing something its $48 now
Shows $28.63 now
Amazon dynamic pricing.
Person 1 sees it for $28 and buys. Person 1 tells person 2. Well, that first purchase caused the price to jump up. We'll see this more and more now a days.

You'll see this on different sizes for the same piece of clothing too.

I got 2 long sleeve Pearl Iz jerseys for $18 each totalling $36. So, I got free shipping too.

·
Law abiding citizen
510 Posts
Certainly is reasonable. Looks as good as a SRAM PG-1070 at less than half the price. I'll bite.

·
Law abiding citizen
510 Posts
Amazon dynamic pricing.
Person 1 sees it for $28 and buys. Person 1 tells person 2. Well, that first purchase caused the price to jump up. We'll see this more and more now a days.

You'll see this on different sizes for the same piece of clothing too.

I got 2 long sleeve Pearl Iz jerseys for $18 each totalling $36. So, I got free shipping too.
Prices change on Amazon at midnight so I just bought one a few mins ago and the price is the same, at least until tonight.

·
Registered
186 Posts
So, to answer the Wolftooth question... sort of. The Sunrace physically fits on there seemingly the same as the PG-1070 with the Wolftooth SRAM GC. It seems to seat properly. The 17t is removable without knocking out any pins also. Without peddling/shifting it I don't know if there is some alignment I don't know of that would make it not work. Bicycle part Spoke Bicycle Bicycle drivetrain part Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle part Bicycle drivetrain part Gear Iron Circle

·
Registered
Vassago Bandersnatch, Motobecane HAL Comp 27.5+
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got mine on Friday and it looks really good for the price. Actually it looks pretty good for $48 cassette too. A quick ride around the block and everything seemed to shift just fine (with a Shimano XT rear derailleur and chain). It is also 10 grams lighter than the SLX cassette I have, which really means nothing to me but I thought I'd mention it.

·
Rocks belong
5,371 Posts
So, to answer the Wolftooth question... sort of
To me, it looks a lot more like an XT rear cassette than SRAM. It's hard to tell from the pic, but I guess you'd have to compare shift ramps to see if it behaves more SRAM like or Shimano like?

(I'm not also not certain what the differences are between the Shimano and SRAM Wolftooth GC's)

·
Registered
Vassago Bandersnatch, Motobecane HAL Comp 27.5+
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Know nothing of Sunrace, and am just wondering aloud here...
Could it be with 1 x 11's entering the MTB arena, that 10-spds have become the red-headed stepchild?
Sunrace is a component company from Taiwan, most of their stuff has been found on department store and some lower end LBS bikes. However they do make better product that seems to be well made. Even Shimano started at the bottom so you never know.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.