• rekon/ikon

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • ???/???

Votes: 5 27.8%
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I'm no help, but interested in the responses, as I'm also looking for a faster rolling summer tire setup. I was looking at HansD f/ RoRon r but I'm kinda leery of schwalbe durability from past experiences.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm no help, but interested in the responses, as I'm also looking for a faster rolling summer tire setup. I was looking at HansD f/ RoRon r but I'm kinda leery of schwalbe durability from past experiences.
right? I've been to schwalbe's site many times and never came away with a tire... maybe if the rock razor was available in 2.8"...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I really liked the WTB Ranger 2.8 that I had, they were great for summer weather but i changed over to Schwalbe NN front and rear and grip wise they were pretty good, rolling resistance wasn't bad either but i think a Rocket Ron would have been faster. The only thing I didnt like was that on first ride on them a rock took a small chunk of rubber off which left me disappointed and lack of confidence in the tires. But now I'm running WTB Vigilante, and Trail Boss 2.6, I absolutely love these tires, they remind me of a cheaper Maxxis Minnion tires.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am liking my Fast Trak GRID 2.8's for summer riding in AZ at the moment...
Fast Trak definitely came up as an option, maybe for the rear.

did they come with the bike or did you choose them?
what were your other options?

I really liked the WTB Ranger 2.8 that I had, they were great for summer weather but i changed over to Schwalbe NN front and rear and grip wise they were pretty good, rolling resistance wasn't bad either but i think a Rocket Ron would have been faster. The only thing I didnt like was that on first ride on them a rock took a small chunk of rubber off which left me disappointed and lack of confidence in the tires. But now I'm running WTB Vigilante, and Trail Boss 2.6, I absolutely love these tires, they remind me of a cheaper Maxxis Minnion tires.

the vigilate/trail boss would have been an option if the trail boss had been 2.8.

is vigilante 2.8/trail boss 2.6 a thing?

or

is vigilante 2.8/trail boss 3.0 better?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yea you can run these combos

Vigilante 2.8, Trail Boss 2.6
Vigilante 2.8, Ranger 2.8
Vigilante front and back

Now I wouldn't suggest a stock Ranger, I think the fast rolling high grip would be nice, plus its tubeless.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Anyone knows the weight of the butcher 27.5 in 2.6? in 2.8?(i do not see the info on their website)
I think a neighbor bought some on sale, second 1/2 price so i would get a very good price but from i read i was not planning on selecting them. Usually i use more smaller knobs. The fast trak looks like my first choice, Maxxis are just very pricy. I might start with one to test it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I tried RoRo 2.8/Ikon 2.8
Ikon 2.8 is too small, 2.6 in fact and significant lack of traction.
Now, I try RoRo 2.8/Canis B+ FRC120 2.85 and that's much better.
I wasn't sold on the ikon at all, but i thought i'd include it to see how many people would pick it.

ive heard that some tires measure only 2.6 once mounted, i actually don't mind, i prefer to slim down than balloon up.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.