29, mullet, 27.5, other

• mullet

• other

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Cycologist
7,899 Posts
got to do a project for school what wheel size do you ride
Need an option for multiple wheel sizes, a large percentage of us ride 29, 27.5 and/or 26 so we can't answer your poll.

And EatsDirt is right, you took the time to create an avatar but not to type a proper sentence. People would be more inclined to help you if you put in more effort on your end.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Need an option for multiple wheel sizes, a large percentage of us ride 29, 27.5 and/or 26 so we can't answer your poll.

And EatsDirt is right, you took the time to create an avatar but not to type a proper sentence. People would be more inclined to help you if you put in more effort on your end.
sorry for the bad grammar I have dyslexia (diagnosed)

·
Administrator
10,847 Posts
I am working on a school project and I'm wondering what wheel size you prefer, 29, 27.5, mullet, or 26?
If this is a "If you could ride one wheel size for the rest of your life which would you choose?" you should specify that perhaps. Otherwise some people may have no preference, which you might want to add that to the poll as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well sh!t, now I feel bad for popping off thinking you were just being lazy.

My apologies man, don't let aholes like me get you down!

On topic, I think a mullet is in my future at some point.
don't worry about it I got a friend to proofread it and made it better

·
BOOM goes the dynamite!
Occasionally Cranky
5,157 Posts
I got to the bottom of the page and forgot the question. I think, 7?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I selected 'other'.

Wheel size by itself shouldn't be a reason to by a particular bike. The bike's overall geometry, purpose, fit, etc. (the big picture), is more important than just wheel size. Wheel size is just one variable of many in a bike's design. My two cents worth. Add or subtract value as you see fit.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I am working on a school project and I'm wondering what wheel size you prefer, 29, 27.5, mullet, or 26?
It looks like poor polling in that you don't accommodate the many of us with different wheel sizes across bikes or use scenarios.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
If you have to choose one, 29 or 27.5?
Again, it's not so much a choice of wheel size, it's a choice of the bike overall.

Think of it this way. If you were looking for a new car, do you look for cars by wheel size? Do you look for cars with 65R17 tires? Or maybe focus on ones with 60R16 sized tires? Of course not. It's a silly question because you have no idea what car these tires are going on. Which one fits you r needs and wants?

My current daily ride trail bike has 27.5's. I didn't select that bike because it has 27.5's. I bought it because it fit, and it rode and handled the way I wanted and needed. Wheel size was irrelevant. If it happened to have 29's on it, so be it. But it just so happened to have 27.5's.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
12,295 Posts
For me it IS about wheel size. I’ve ridden everything except 36” and won’t consider buying a bike with wheels smaller than 29”.

And I’m curious about 36”.
=sParty

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Wheel size is very important on bicycles. Whether it's a bmx, DJ or trail bike, wheel size is a major consideration.

·
Registered
604 Posts
For me it IS about wheel size. I’ve ridden everything except 36” and won’t consider buying a bike with wheels smaller than 29”.

And I’m curious about 36”.
=sParty
I'm 29 only as well, but I'm not wanting to go any bigger than that.

Watching the evolution of wheel size as it happened, there were plenty of drawbacks to 29 inch wheels at first. Ditching the front derailleur allowed the chainstays to be much shorter basically eliminating the drawbacks for me.

Looking at new bikes this year I was bummed to see how many manufacturers are stuck in the old ways of making smaller wheeled trail bikes, it shrunk down my ability to find what I was after given the availability this year. Normally it wouldn't be an issue however as many do make good 29ers.

I'm thinking it's probably just easier to design bikes and rear suspension around smaller wheels, or some suspension designs limit what they can do.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I'm rather surprised at seeing the results with so many 27.5 answers. Reading the bike media, it would appear that 27.5 is dying an untimely demise.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts