Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am a newbie here and also a newbie in fat biking. Currently I am thinking about buying a 2019 Salsa Beargrease that comes with 80mm rim and 27.5 x 3.8 tires. And that rim can take 27.5 x 3.0 tires also. I hope skinnier tires can allow me to have faster pavement/road riding experience in summer. Maybe I am asking too much, because I really want to know whether or not it can be used for commuting, touring/bikepacking, and adventuring, etc. Thanks for your input.

·
fat guy on a little bike
956 Posts
...I am thinking about buying a 2019 Salsa Beargrease that comes with 80mm rim and 27.5 x 3.8 tires. And that rim can take 27.5 x 3.0 tires also...
that would be a mistake. i would not run a 3" tire on an 80mm rim. you are just asking for poor handling, reduced ground clearance (pedal strikes) and increased rim strikes. i doubt it what you are going for, but the millenial ricer crowd will love it because the tire will be "hella flush"... :cool:

hey! look at that, someone already tried it... :eek::rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.