Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some updated info on budget carbon rim options. Specifically, I am looking at the Nextie 40mm offering in 27.5 diameter. After searching and googling, it seems most of the information related to Nextie comes from the fatbike forum. From what I gather the consensus is:

Derby---As bullet proof as can carbon cab get.
Ibis 741---See above.
Light Bicycle---plenty of broken/cracked rears reported out there
Nextie---???, especially as it applies to anything other than a fatbike.

I posted this in the 27.5 forum, but then realized that this is forum is probably more appropriate....

Thx!

·
Pirate!!!
1,449 Posts
I ordered a set of rims from Nextie 6 days ago, I haven't had any status updates or confirmations from them of any kind. I did get an email from PayPal that confirmed my payment. But that's it. Kinda weird. Is this normal for dealing with these Chinese companies? If it goes on much longer I will be contacting PayPal about an incomplete transaction.

·
Pirate!!!
1,449 Posts
I ordered a set of rims from Nextie 6 days ago, I haven't had any status updates or confirmations from them of any kind. I did get an email from PayPal that confirmed my payment. But that's it. Kinda weird. Is this normal for dealing with these Chinese companies? If it goes on much longer I will be contacting PayPal about an incomplete transaction.
Ok, I just got an email from Brian at Nextie, the rims I ordered are in production and are expected to ship next week. Amazing what a little prodding will get you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts