Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the Anthem and Scott, are there any more out there worth checking out? Needs to be carbon and light ")

Any about to be introduced?

I have been slacking on the research lately and thought some of my fellow speed geeks might know!

I have grown tired of the carbon 29er hardtail and I want something new.

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Other than the Anthem and Scott, are there any more out there worth checking out? Needs to be carbon and light ")

Any about to be introduced?

I have been slacking on the research lately and thought some of my fellow speed geeks might know!

I have grown tired of the carbon 29er hardtail and I want something new.
Guess not... "(

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
what about a carbon converted rush? Seems like in the rush to brand everything as AM/ENDURO, "the industry" neglected XC racers...

I have an alloy rush and I think it's a great ride. It's not carbon though!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I really like my Anthem 27.5, I am going to go to a 120mm up front for a little more pedal clearance on my daily trail rides, but if it was strictly a race bike I'd be fine with 100mm. Mine started out as an Anthem 3 and is now built down to 1x10 at about 23.5#.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have been dreaming after a 27.5 full suspension XC bike. If your looking for factory options in a 100mm XC bike the market is a bit slim. I think the Anthem is the best option. I was talking with a Cannondale rep and there is a 27.5 scalpel rumored. Specialized is now making a tire for a bike yet to be. A converted Scalpel (2012 or newer) or Blur would fit the bill and be a good option. I spent a few week on a converted aluminum Santa Cruz and it was sweet. There are several Cheep China Frames about as well.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Not a lot out there right now. I suspect next year you will see many.

27.5 is making slow progress in the XC ranks. Although in all irony, in the elite category at least, there has probably been more world cup wins on 27.5s then 29ers.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
A little under 5 lbs I believe.

I know it is not all about the weight, but any idea what a medium frameset comes in at? I could not locate that info on their site. They look pretty nice though.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
With shock, or without?
I am not sure. I think with shock but I haven't put one on the scale.

A couple of years ago guys were building the 26inch one in the 23 range with Shimano and durable tires.

·
Registered Dietitian
1,686 Posts

A couple of years ago guys were building the 26inch one in the 23 range with Shimano and durable tires.
Thanks, LMN. Looking for a long-term replacement for the current bike (as my workplace isn't a Santa Cruz dealer) and the geometry on the Xprezo is perfect.

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I sent an email their way asking for price on the 650 and also weight w/shock. Hope it isn't too pricey. Sounds like they might be.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I really like my Anthem 27.5, I am going to go to a 120mm up front for a little more pedal clearance on my daily trail rides, but if it was strictly a race bike I'd be fine with 100mm. Mine started out as an Anthem 3 and is now built down to 1x10 at about 23.5#.
Ditto this- Love my Anthem 27.5-1. I have also converted to a 1x10, but currently with a 32 upfront I've not actually felt the need to put my wolftooth 42 on the rear. thinking of upping to a 34 for more top end gear and the 42 in the rear for low

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ditto this- Love my Anthem 27.5-1. I have also converted to a 1x10, but currently with a 32 upfront I've not actually felt the need to put my wolftooth 42 on the rear. thinking of upping to a 34 for more top end gear and the 42 in the rear for low
I have heard a lot of great things about the Anthem...just trying to explore all the options first.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My new Anthem Advanced 1 is pretty nice. It truly is an XC race bike. My anthem 29er always felt a little more like a trail bike. Not sure if it rolls on the fire roads as well as the 29er, but it is so much more fun the twisty single-track.

My only problem right now is finding some decent and inexpensive XCish tires. Everything that I see for 27.5 is an All-mountain tire.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts