Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So where is the 27.5" Bullit replacement?

Not all of us can afford a carbon nomad and would like the simplicity of the proven SC Single Pivot. A 170mm travel Bullit 27.5 with a 180mm front fork would be my dream park bike.

Anyone else out there wishing the bullit would re-emerge in the SC lineup?

·
Registered
15,007 Posts
So where is the 27.5" Bullit replacement?

Not all of us can afford a carbon nomad and would like the simplicity of the proven SC Single Pivot. A 170mm travel Bullit 27.5 with a 180mm front fork would be my dream park bike.

Anyone else out there wishing the bullit would re-emerge in the SC lineup?
I think the closest you'll get to that is an AL Nomad 3. When [if] SC releases one.

I don't see the market for another model in that segment.

·
Village Dirtbag
2,284 Posts
I'm kind of surprised SC even makes single pivot anymore. Production cost is probably within $100 of a VPP bike...just a couple links and six bearings, but then design, supply chain, marketing and dealer inventory get a lot more complicated

I imagine the APP bike were just as expensive as VPP to build, which explains why they're gone

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Butcher and it is nowhere near as stiff as my '04 Heckler.

My 03 Bullit is great, but I would love an updated version with tapered, ISCG05, 142x12, and while they are at it, make it 27.5. Not everyone out there can afford a bike that starts at $6500... make an AL bullit with a $4000 pricetag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.