Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying my daughter (28 years old) a bike. She would likely ride primarily on the road, paved paths.

I have looked on BD at their hybrids. Unfortunately, most of the ones that would suit her (and my wallet) are new models that won't ship till july.

I did see a 27.5 plus (3 inch tire) with rigid fork which might serve this role well.

Save up to 60% off new Fat Bikes and Mountain Bikes - MTB - Gravity 2020 Bullseye Fatbikes

I would think that with tires at max pressure, it would roll pretty well on the street. Certainly better than the 4.8 Maxxis Minnions on my fatty! Rode that thing a few times on pavement. Sounds like a dump truck and damn, is it slow!

I suspect the OEM tire on this thing is reasonably tame. If not, I should be able to find something more suitable for cheap.

Would like to hear anyone's opinion on this bike and suitability for such a role.

Just looked at that bike again and I see it is a 26, not 27.5. Oh well, same questions apply.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Suggestion.
Have your daughter talk to a LBS and have her pick which type of bike she wants.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts