Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1674 Posts

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
The 6" tyre can only be a year away now... :)

·
WNC Native
3,905 Posts
So will it be 4.5" wide? :lol:

couldn't resist...

Reactions: Shark

·
Registered
192 Posts
From that angle that tread looks pretty aggressive, is that the same tread pattern of the other two snowshoe sizes?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Not sure why they choose to piggyback on the same name that has an established negative association from the original snowshoe, but whatever. Probably a rigid only tire if you want one up front.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Not sure why they choose to piggyback on the same name that has an established negative association from the original snowshoe, but whatever. Probably a rigid only tire if you want one up front.
I wonder how the size compares to a Bud/Lou, or a Dilly 5? I mean actual width because we all know the numbers on the sidewall really have little relation to the actual tire size, especially when it also says Vee Rubber on it. :) Nothing against the Vee tires, but my one bike has a 4.7 Snowshoe and a 4.5 snowshoe on it and both are the same tire and only about 4.25 in reality... And they are the same width as the H-Billie 4.25 I have.

·
bigger than you.
3,070 Posts
I wonder how the size compares to a Bud/Lou, or a Dilly 5? I mean actual width because we all know the numbers on the sidewall really have little relation to the actual tire size, especially when it also says Vee Rubber on it. :) Nothing against the Vee tires, but my one bike has a 4.7 Snowshoe and a 4.5 snowshoe on it and both are the same tire and only about 4.25 in reality... And they are the same width as the H-Billie 4.25 I have.
My Snowshoe 4.7 (now rebadged 4.5) is noticeably wider than my H-Billie, easily by a 1/2". Jus' sayin'.

·
Registered
525 Posts
My Snowshoe 4.7 (now rebadged 4.5) is noticeably wider than my H-Billie, easily by a 1/2". Jus' sayin'.
I have all three and swap them out - layed flat they measure within 2mm of each other. Haven't put calipers on them but visually they are identical (I have an H-Bille and snowshoe 4.5 on my Bucksaw as well). I just went back and checked my spreadsheet - the H-Billie measured 242mm wide, the two Snowshoes 240 and 242mm wide at the beads. The two with the same sizes went on my Bucksaw. The other one went on my Sturgis to replace one 72TPI snowshoe... I do see on the tire size .pdf on the "True Tire Size" thread that there is a large variation on the width of the Snowshoes bead to bead: listed ones go from 233 to 245 in measured width. That is 12mm variation on the "same" tire.

???

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Pump it up to 20lbs then let us know the width!! :D :p

·
Registered
195 Posts
My understanding is that the 4.7 and 4.5 snowshoes are the same tire different label, 238~240mm bead to bead. The 4.8 is 260mm bead to bead, the same as a Bud/Lou.

No doubt this will be a big tire and I doubt it's alone. Lugs look huge but it's hard to say from an obscure angle pic such as this.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Somebody's got to have a contact there. Checking out the map, they are next to Fox and a stones throw from FSA, Mavic, Hutchinson and WTB.

Nangang 4F - L1327a
Go!

1 - 20 of 1674 Posts