Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into adding an used 26 inch hardtail to my quiver as a street trials and light trail weapon for situations where using my trail bike is unfeasible. I'm used to pretty contemporary geometry so I'm trying to find a bike with a reasonably long reach. So far the best options I have found would be early 2010's Konas like Blast or Cinder Cone which seem to have around 415mm of reach in 17" size. It's getting hard to find geometry information on many 26" bikes So I would welcome suggestions on common entry/mid level hardtails with reasonably long reach numbers!

·
Registered
68 Posts
TimoA,

You may want to look at Gary Fisher's from the early 2000's with the genesis geometry. A medium has a effective top tube length of 608 and goes up from there. Hope this helps.

-Dave

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, totally forgot about Fishers. They do pop up from time to time, so I'll keep an eye on those.

Did the Trek thousand-series bikes ever get the G2 geometry? Those are pretty common.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.