Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm picking up a set of the kenda kwik tires from nashbar for my redline which is moving towards a more urban/road bike... and I think these will fit the bill fairly well especially for the price

so the question... can I use standard 26er tubes for these? i do for my 29er tires but wasn't sure on these as they are a good bit smaller.

thanks
mark

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
donalson said:
i'm picking up a set of the kenda kwik tires from nashbar for my redline which is moving towards a more urban/road bike... and I think these will fit the bill fairly well especially for the price

so the question... can I use standard 26er tubes for these? i do for my 29er tires but wasn't sure on these as they are a good bit smaller.

thanks
mark
Probably not. Get some tubes in the 700x35-44 range.

·
Expert Crasher
6,359 Posts
donalson said:

thanks
mark
Throw some Midge bars on that sucker too!

I used the 700x35-44 Forte tubes like Shiggy mentioned when I ran 700x47 Forte Gotham's on my Monocog Flight - better fit.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
I've done it using a 26"x 1.25-1.5" tube, it works fine. If you can easily get some speccific to that size it's easier not having to stretch the tube to make it fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.