Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone offer any recommendations for a new fork(and maybe where to get a good deal on one) to put on my 2004 Spec. Hardrock? Willing to spend around $200 for it. Thanks!

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can I use my old steerer tube?

Thanks Call Me Clyde. Your recommendations pointed me in the right direction. I like the Marz fork but it seems that you need a conversion kit for their forks to work with V brakes (which my bike has). I'm not sure if the Rock Shox forks do. If you can advise, that would be great.

Since I originally had an RST Capa I was looking at their site. I came across an RST Omega TnL for $135 on eBay:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

The auction does not include a steerer tube. Can I use the steerer tube which is on my current fork?

I also ran across an RST First Air for $220 which includes a remote lockout. This includes the steerer tube:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Any opinions on these two? How about vs the Rock Shox offerings in that price range (if the Rock Shox stuff will work)? Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again for the replies everybody. After researching it I'm replacing my original 80mm RST Capa with a new 2010 80mm Manitou R7 with Absolute damper and Milo remote lockout. The whole thing ran me just under $260 shipped.....a little more than originally intended but I also had not planned on getting a remote lockout.

My lil ol' Speshy is gonna feel like a totally different bike. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.