Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SC Blur I think it was. Interesting concept these smaller wheels... ;)

The Specialized R&D guys where parked near us on the trailhead and kinda noticed our bigger wheels and lack of suspension technology.

The 29er rigid SS with colored spokes was the right weapon for the trails today!!!

francois

Attachments

·
Mtbr Founder
35,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more pics.

That's Hollywood and Aosty from Socal. Brandon from Washingon State was over as well with his Black Sheep.

fc

Attachments

·
Don't be a sheep
3,441 Posts
francois said:

The Specialized R&D guys where parked near us on the trailhead and kinda noticed our bigger wheels and lack of suspension technology.

The 29er rigid SS with colored spokes was the right weapon for the trails today!!!

francois
Kinda reminds me of all the pretend punk rock kids in school who wanted so much to be different that they all ended up looking the same with the "punk" uniform. C'est la Vie.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
That guy with the Orange One9 is running some weird azz combo for tires... No wonder he's having so much fun.

Stans Crow in the rear, Rampage on the front... Must be kookoo.

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts
Rivet said:
Kinda reminds me of all the pretend punk rock kids in school who wanted so much to be different that they all ended up looking the same with the "punk" uniform. C'est la Vie.
I assume some people might ride 29 and/or rigid "to be different" but if you think for a second that's the reasoning for most then you're out of your head. You just don't understand, plain and simple (no pun intended).

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Rivet said:
Been on a road ride lately? Talk about people looking/acting/riding the same.:rolleyes: C'est la Vie.

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
francois said:
What's a 26'er? :D is that like a BMX for adults?

francois said:
I'm sure they had their spy cameras and patent attorneys hidden in their special ops van . . . . .

Great pix!!

·
artistic...
7,608 Posts
where is the technical singletrack?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
rensho said:
That guy with the Orange One9 is running some weird azz combo for tires... No wonder he's having so much fun.

Stans Crow in the rear, Rampage on the front... Must be kookoo.
Sounds like my kind of set up! Fast and light in the rear, plush and grippy up front :thumbsup:

·
artistic...
7,608 Posts
Padre said:
Been on a road ride lately? Talk about people looking/acting/riding the same.:rolleyes: C'est la Vie.
road rides are wonderfull. centuries are fantastic.

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts
This reminds me of the great quote, "What, you don't like rice? Tell me Michael, how could a billion Chinese people be wrong?".

(name that movie)

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
mud'n'sweat said:
Sounds like my kind of set up! Fast and light in the rear, plush and grippy up front :thumbsup:
Simply amazing how well the crow handled some of the slop and soup. Steep and narrow ST, and get your butt way back steep rocky soil sections.
It did slip some on the steep FR climbs, decomposed granite over hardpack, but so did everyone else.
Running 30psi. Was surprised it didn't burp or tear on the fast steep bumps. :thumbsup:
Marked as a 2.0, but more like a 1.85.

Hauled the mail for sure.

·
artistic...
7,608 Posts
Padre said:
What's your point?

I was simply pointing out to Rivet that rigid/SS 29ers are not the only type of people that flock together.
my point> road riding is good. centuries are wonderfull. it's not about which bike but pedalling any bike. of course i would avoid riding a road century on fat knobbies but it could be a 700/23, by 28 or a 26 w/ slicks, 650B. it does not matter really. it's how far you go that makes the fun.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts