Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
Joined
·
11,444 Posts

·
Big Paws on a Puppy!!
Joined
·
356 Posts
Frame size

Doh! I saw this deal last night and was gonna post about it today.

Question about frame sizing for those of you who may know. My last 2 bikes (Cannondale Jekyll & Redline Monocog) have been 19" and 20" inch frames or sized Large. Going on the specs Jenson listed on their site it looks close but would an 18" Inbred frame seem small to me like my wifes 17.5" Gray Fisher Paragon or would the frame fit be closer in size to the C'Dale or Redline? Thoughts?????

Thanks to all.
 

·
HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
sizing

I don't think the geometry has changed much (I have old horizontal drop 18" SS and a 1st generation geared 20" one). They have tons of standover and a long top tube. Ask Brant and he'll help you find the correct size. I like the 20" to race XC on and the 18" is like a big bmx. Do some searches because there have been discussions of "which size" in the past.
 

·
Sweep the leg!
Joined
·
3,803 Posts
oh my lord... :-(
wtf? did you sell them to jenson and now they're blowing them out under cost? that doesn't seem right in the head.


weather said:
not buying unless it's 29".
I won't get one from them unles it's pink.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,841 Posts
Caffeine Powered said:
wtf? did you sell them to jenson and now they're blowing them out under cost? that doesn't seem right in the head.
I'm guessing, but I think that's the stock that J&B had before we parted company.

Oh well.

it's a steal.

They're great frames :)
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
Well, Brant, at least you made money on those frames :)

Let this be the first indication of world-wide dumping of 26" frames for which there is a worthy successor in 29"! LOL
 

·
HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll wait

I'm waiting for the 29er pink Tinbred with sliding ebb and horivertical dropins. Damn you for tempting me with all that Inbred newness Brant. I HAVE TWO ISN'T THAT ENOUGH! You are an evil man!

I had the 'ol SS out ice racing last sunday...see the AK forum for pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,134 Posts
That is an awsone deal! I have a question for anyone who has a sliding dropout Inbred: Would a 29" tire fit on this frame? With the massive amount of tire clearance and sliding droupouts, it just might work. Would use discs obviously. There is a thread about this on the 29er forum, but no answers yet. Inquiring minds want to know! Brant, anyone!

Thanks,
Mark
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
it is tempting....however, i bet it is still a better deal to get a complete bike directly from you. i would find it hard to believe you could get the complete bike comparable to yours as listed on-line....plus, I would never trust Jenson in this regard. However, for just a frame, great deal.
 

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
bikeny, I say you and I get one each, build these bad boys up, take 'em out to Blue Mountain and toss 'em into the Monster Trail. Show 'em how it's done.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
48,237 Posts
bikeny said:
That is an awsone deal! I have a question for anyone who has a sliding dropout Inbred: Would a 29" tire fit on this frame? With the massive amount of tire clearance and sliding droupouts, it just might work. Would use discs obviously. There is a thread about this on the 29er forum, but no answers yet. Inquiring minds want to know! Brant, anyone!

Thanks,
Mark
I doubt a 29" tire will fit the rear. The radius of any of the 29x2.xx tires is at least 1" greater than a 26x2.7 tire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,134 Posts
SpinWheelz said:
bikeny, I say you and I get one each, build these bad boys up, take 'em out to Blue Mountain and toss 'em into the Monster Trail. Show 'em how it's done.
It is very tempting! The 2 problems I have with my current SS would both be resolved with the Inbred: rear tire clearance and standover height. Although I am finding myself very intrigued by 29ers lately! Decisions, decisions!
 
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Top