Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PM Me for Wood Fenders
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a thread with tire recommendations for XC racing. Some of the posts mentioned using 26" lite tubes. What are the factors to use this or not to use?:confused:

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
If someone does find a couple dozen threads on this (they're there), I'll add them to the FAQ.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I've had great success using the 26" Performance Brand Ultra lites (110gms) tubes 1.7-1.9 in a 2.1 Maxxis Ignitor 29. I recommend using a lot of talc powder and run them at or around 36-40psi. I think if you planned on running less air pressure, these would be more like to get a pinch flat. I do keep a 29" Ultra Light Salsa tube as a spare as well as slime "scabs" which also work well in the event you need to do a quick patch.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Great luck with Performance 26" ultra lights and lunar lights myself. All I have ran this season thus far.

·
PM Me for Wood Fenders
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:thumbsup: Thanks Clox.

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
Before I switched over to tubeless, I had pretty good luck using the Slime, 26" tubes. The only problem I had, was not letting all of the air out of the tube, before placing the last section of bead, over the rim. If I left air in the tube, I always pinched it, when snapping the leas little bit of tire on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts