Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i wanna take my 26" Marzocchi Z-1 and order 29" lowers to retro fit it and still spend less than $150 (it beats $500-700). does anybody have any experience with this procedure, im not even 100% sure that it is possible, but always worth a shot!
thanx.

·
Registered
386 Posts
klone said:
so i wanna take my 26" Marzocchi Z-1 and order 29" lowers to retro fit it and still spend less than $150 (it beats $500-700). does anybody have any experience with this procedure, im not even 100% sure that it is possible, but always worth a shot!
thanx.
Why don't you buy a used one off ebay or the MTBR classifieds when one occassionally shows up (I sold my used one for about $190 a couple of months ago) and then sell you 26er for about the same price.

May take away some of the fun, but it would save you money and the chance that you don't get it right.

If you really want new lowers maybe that is the way to do it. Frankly, I like my Reba better anyway, but anyway....as to your question----I have no idea, but it would be cool if it worked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OrBikbldr said:
Why don't you buy a used one off ebay or the MTBR classifieds when one occassionally shows up (I sold my used one for about $190 a couple of months ago) and then sell you 26er for about the same price.

May take away some of the fun, but it would save you money and the chance that you don't get it right.

If you really want new lowers maybe that is the way to do it. Frankly, I like my Reba better anyway, but anyway....as to your question----I have no idea, but it would be cool if it worked.
yeah, but as you said, "May take awaysome of the fun", i wanna do it for practical reasons, and to say that i did it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.