Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
J:
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Want wider rims to get my 91 Trek on the beach:cool:

Swapped some rims off my 80's Motiv and put 2.4" conti TK... inside width for those are @25mm and the sleeve is about done, probably need wider for sand...guessing IW over 35mm is needed for the sand near the watter?

*the trials rims that I know of are upwards of 6 hundo...anything exist @ 550 grams:confused:

·
J:
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
J:
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i35-40 near water line but in soft sugar sand no go, you need i50's or wider.
Thanks for the heads up!

Now I have some info to run with...from what I've seen as far as availability, widest ones are @47mm and there are 5-6 to choose from(black) and only 2-3 silver. These all seem to be measured using outside width

G

·
Thanks for the heads up!

Now I have some info to run with...from what I've seen as far as availability, widest ones are @47mm and there are 5-6 to choose from(black) and only 2-3 silver. These all seem to be measured using outside width
sure, many more folk on here with full fat experience that hopefully chime in with 3cent. Will this older trek handle i35 or 40's with the right tires??

·
J:
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
sure, many more folk on here with full fat experience that hopefully chime in with 3cent. Will this older trek handle i35 or 40's with the right tires??
Tread clearance wise, the rear end will get the firmer implants. Brake posts are well over 50mm wide in the fork, much wider in the rear.

*EDIT*wow, that Jitsie black ano is an extremely tough finish!

·
J:
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had to refinish em...lots of rain and digging lately (and other projects; )

·
J:
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Need to find time to build, these are going to be fun:cool:...here's a pic for now

When I bought em', there was also some mention of the spoke hole location/ rim profile...see how it goes, I'm wondering if there's maybe a different type of nipple now that would be easiest for these

1 - 9 of 9 Posts