Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Jamis Komodo 1.0 and was thinking of swapping the wheels over to 24" to make it a bit more agile and easier to chuck about.

What do the majority of you people ride, and how do you feel the difference is between 24 and 26 inch wheels?

·
App State
103 Posts
I'm fixing to be running both! I'm about to be selling my trail bike, and getting some 24s for the dirt jumper, then I'm just gona switch out my wheels to my 26s when I wana ride trails! I dont have any experience with the 24s though, but I'll let yo know in less then a month!

·
Registered
853 Posts
I would have both... But if I had to pick one, it would be 24. Good for street dirt, and then put them on a ht fr bike for freeride.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've only ever ridden 24"s

I absolutely loved BMX cruisers before I moved over to BSX; they seemed to really haul ass and roll fast.

However, I only ride urban here in Dallas, so the 24 is definitely better suited for my needs. Plus, all of my extra tires/rims are 24's anyway.

I think once I wear out my K-Rads and my Hookworms, I'll look into changing over to try it out.

26ers are definitely more plentiful, so parts would probably be more available. It was a bear for me to build a 24 wheelset to match my front wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts