Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
anything you want so long as its made by specialized.....shoes, bottle cages, pumps, clothing, helmets, gloves, etc... I believe on some bike under a certain price you still get $80.00 in free stuff, like the rockhoppers and hardrocks. Its one nice deal.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Can you get an AFR shock/brain with this?

For example, if I got a Stumpy Expert and a Safire Comp and wanted to upgrade the Safire to the AFR shock with my $500, could I put that towards the AFR?

How much IS an AFR set up, anyway?

·
Registered
28 Posts
skiahh said:

For example, if I got a Stumpy Expert and a Safire Comp and wanted to upgrade the Safire to the AFR shock with my $500, could I put that towards the AFR?

my rep said its on parts and accessories....as for a shock like that, i don't know. but i think its what the dealer has in sock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my Enduro SL Pro carbon last month for £2700, so not only got 10% worth of vouchers from spech, the shop gave me 10% to buy on anything including none specialized gear.. So had £520 in vouchers :)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
hmmm... after 11 days only - I'd go to the shop and see what they might do for you.

In my case, April, I think I'm outta luck - I guess I'm not riding that deviant this summer

·
Registered
315 Posts
bad andy said:
hmmm... after 11 days only - I'd go to the shop and see what they might do for you.

In my case, April, I think I'm outta luck - I guess I'm not riding that deviant this summer
Called my shop today, and he said he'd talk to his manager. He did say he thought they could help me out though, which is really cool. This would be the kind of thing that would make you give the extra effort to refer them to your buddies.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
skiahh said:

i talked to my LBS about doing the same thing, you gotta buy it from the spech warranty dept. even then they said it could be anywhere from 500-1000 dollars american.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Linga115 said:
i talked to my LBS about doing the same thing, you gotta buy it from the spech warranty dept. even then they said it could be anywhere from 500-1000 dollars american.
Yeah, that and the fact that the Comps don't have the grommet for the Brain Fade, so you'd have to either get a new rear triangle or have someone weld it on... and kiss the warranty good bye.

It was a good idea, but not a feasible one. Even my LBS liked the idea....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.