Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
WOW :eekster: That must have been a shock going from that old HT to a new, modern geo FS. Surprisingly, the HTA don't look much different in the photo, but the new greater offset fork and about 80mm shorter stem and 120mm+ wider bar must have felt so weird. Then of course there's the 29er wheels, that in itself is a big change coming from a 26er.

Bet you find every opportunity you can to get out on it ;)

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I bet you feel like you could bulldoze over anything, compared to your old bike. I've only had 3 bikes since my '91 Fisher. My last bike was a '10 Giant Anthem B-26er, and every time I would get back on it after demoing a post-2016 bike, I would be like "how do I still ride this sketchy little bike". After 10 mins, I would forget about it, and it would feel natural again. I just bought a new bike last week, still waiting for it to arrive.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I had the pink/black Iboc just like that (triangular top tube, horiz dropout), the frame is out hanging in my garage. That was not a horrible bike for the time, Mongoose did occasionally make a decent bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.