Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fashionably functional...
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else make a 24mm hub besides Maverick America??? And which mail order company can build me a cheap spare set with a 24. My current wheelset is set up for freeriding but I want to have a lighter set for more fun riding with the XC guys. Going with anything other than a 24 means I have to swap out my awesome fork.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Check out the King site, saw the other day

something about a conversion for their 20mm ISO disc hub to 24mm...if I ever get that Maverick fork it's nice to know I have that option.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
something about a conversion for their 20mm ISO disc hub to 24mm...if I ever get that Maverick fork it's nice to know I have that option.
I had a conversation with someone at CK last week about the 24mm hub. They are currently in production, and working to fill orders. The conversion kit which will allow you to use your current 20mm TA Chris King hub and convert it to 24mm will be available "in the future", but at present they don't even have a price for it yet, and will not offer it until they have gone alot farther to fill the current orders for the 24mm hub.

John W.

·
Whatever
585 Posts
Larry at Mtn High Cyclery

AsianPersuasion said:
Does anyone else make a 24mm hub besides Maverick America??? And which mail order company can build me a cheap spare set with a 24. My current wheelset is set up for freeriding but I want to have a lighter set for more fun riding with the XC guys. Going with anything other than a 24 means I have to swap out my awesome fork.
I have a Maverick DUC32 fork and two sets of wheels. It's important to have the same hub for each wheel. Even though the spacing for disc rotors is "international standard" there *could* be differences. The Maverick hub is lighter than the King, and is manufactured by Formula. Plus it is very smooth. I've had no trouble in almost a year of riding.

I just had Larry (Ventanarama) build me an extra wheel for racing/fast riding with a Maverick Hub, DT Revolution spokes, and a Stan's ZTR355 rim. Very nice build, even tension etc, and noticeably lighter than my other wheel which is Maverick Hub, Mavic x3.1 rim, 14/15 spokes, big 2.3 Kenda tire. Seriously give Larry a call. Also best prices on the 'net.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.