Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a 24in tire in the back on my bike and i need a new tire soon. I am getting a Minion in the front and i want something that will have an equal grip on the ground. I was considering the Nevegal and the High Roller but i dont know which one grips my loam soil best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,831 Posts
I have all 3,
Arrow Prime Bite 24x2.75 is a very knobby tire that rolls pretty fast, but it has short sidewalls compared to the High Roller 24x2.7, and the Arrow seems to have a very round profile, mounted on my Singletrack rim anyway.

Nev is in between in height, and works pretty well in loose soil too (wears fast on the back though), and has a fairly square profile.

Any one those three would work, mainly comes down to your personal preference (and maybe availability and cost in your area).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Get the Minion DHR - - the rear-specific counterpart to your DHF front.
 

·
Chillin the Most
Joined
·
4,025 Posts
dminor said:
Get the Minion DHR - - the rear-specific counterpart to your DHF front.
Not trying to make you feel like a dumbazz, but the Minion doesn't come in 24". :rolleyes:

Go with the Nev. :thumbsup:
 

·
Less yappin, more Brappin
Joined
·
789 Posts
wXman said:
I ride a 24in tire in the back on my bike and i need a new tire soon. I am getting a Minion in the front and i want something that will have an equal grip on the ground. I was considering the Nevegal and the High Roller but i dont know which one grips my loam soil best.
An Arrow 24" rear tire will grip your face real well when you crash. :winker:

I used to run one and it bit great in the nor-cal goodness. Seriously though, the key is to try em all, opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one. :nono:
 

·
conjoinicorned
Joined
·
3,525 Posts
tioga extreme DH

one of the grippiest rear tires i've used in a while, i prefer it to the nevegal. wears very quickly though, but the compound is nice and soft. cheap tire too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
red5 said:
Not trying to make you feel like a dumbazz, but the Minion doesn't come in 24". :rolleyes:
Naw, I made myself look like a dumbazz on my own just fine. Shoulda checked my size charts before I chimed in. I just assumed there'd be a 24 :)blush: ) . . . Highroller might not be enough bite for soft loam, but the Super Tacky version hangs on to most soils pretty well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,831 Posts
ferday said:
one of the grippiest rear tires i've used in a while, i prefer it to the nevegal. wears very quickly though, but the compound is nice and soft. cheap tire too!
Do they come in 24"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yah...looks like Kellin has been posting on my name on my comfuser :nono:

I don't even have a friggin 24" wheel in back :rolleyes:

Geoff - we went back the other day...bry pinned a suicide no hander on the big double...pics and vid to follow next time I see you at work! Had a great time riding wit yah...even if ya did drop me like a hot potato on the climb :thumbsup:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top