Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys will be racing the 24 HRs. of Allamuchy this year ? I heard the registration is filling up faster this year than any of the previous years. I guess the endurance type of mountain bike race "thing" is really catching on. I sent my registration in early this year for a change . I'll be racing as a solo old guy, 40-45.

·
Registered
256 Posts
hope there's room left!

we're solidifying our 4 man team, but haven't registered yet! Just ordered an HID light, so I hope there's space left! See you there RyderX (R U mysterious secret agent or is that like Brand "X")

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
team sandbag will be there

RyderX said:
How many of you guys will be racing the 24 HRs. of Allamuchy this year ? I heard the registration is filling up faster this year than any of the previous years. I guess the endurance type of mountain bike race "thing" is really catching on. I sent my registration in early this year for a change . I'll be racing as a solo old guy, 40-45.
i will be part of team sandbag for the 24hrs of the mooch. our 4 man team has a combined age of over 180. should be phun. see you there.

phat

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm in, solo men's... my of my 2 other races in my life, 1 was a 5 person 24 hr team in 2002. I haven't raced since, but I've been preparing.

my "Team" name is Alkaline Solo, a nod to punk band Alkaline Trio, & riding for Tenafly Bicycle Workshop
keep an eye out for me

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm signed up as a solo, but I'll be accompanied by a bad back and a couple of creaky knees :p Looking forward to it!

I'll be the borderline Clydesdale on the red GF Sugar - Say hi as you pass me

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I'm signed up with a 4-person team - "Blazing Saddles". My 2nd 24 hours of Allamuchy (the 1st was in 1997). Combined age is between 120 and 125, so I guess we'll be in Vets.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Trio...

ROCKS...one of my favorite bands. :D

I'll be pulling for you.

-bob

bubbrubb said:
I'm in, solo men's... my of my 2 other races in my life, 1 was a 5 person 24 hr team in 2002. I haven't raced since, but I've been preparing.

my "Team" name is Alkaline Solo, a nod to punk band Alkaline Trio, & riding for Tenafly Bicycle Workshop
keep an eye out for me

·
Registered
497 Posts
booooyaaaa
This will be my 4th. Jumping to 2 man this year - Team 'Dead Men Riding'

BTW - if you haven't registered yet, the late fee price kicks in today.
See you all there and say hi as you see me puking off the side of the trail.

·
Registered
294 Posts
bobmono said:
ROCKS...one of my favorite bands. :D

I'll be pulling for you.

-bob
Thanks bob!

I actually called up the PR guy at Vagrant Records to see if they'd throw me some free stuff and after a short chat, he told me his mom is a triathlete and so he's got a soft spot for nuts like us... he sent me a bunch of Alk3 stickers for me to paste on myself for the race :D

tick tock, tick tock, the day rapidly approaches and I am not ready :eek:

·
Registered
256 Posts
booyaaahkajaaa (sp?)

Da team I bees ridin' wit be Team Danger Stranger, check it!
East Coast!

anyway, my first 24hr race as well as the others on my team, we're sort of strangers as my riding bud and I hook'd up with 2 others from rider postings. their other 2 riders bailed and so did ours, turns out I'm good friends with one of their bailed riders! small world.

I've got to stop buying stuff or my wife will kill me! just one more pair of shorts and gloves, OK, some extra tires too...

We be seein' ya on da track, yo!

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
Finally som sun!

sasquatch2 said:
Da team I bees ridin' wit be Team Danger Stranger, check it!
East Coast!

anyway, my first 24hr race as well as the others on my team, we're sort of strangers as my riding bud and I hook'd up with 2 others from rider postings. their other 2 riders bailed and so did ours, turns out I'm good friends with one of their bailed riders! small world.

I've got to stop buying stuff or my wife will kill me! just one more pair of shorts and gloves, OK, some extra tires too...

We be seein' ya on da track, yo!
Looks like we're going to have decent weather at the mooch for this weekend! Should make the racing that much more phun! Good luck everyone.

phat

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
phatbiker said:
Looks like we're going to have decent weather at the mooch for this weekend! Should make the racing that much more phun! Good luck everyone.

phat

did they give you have a campsite number yet?

i may do a lap with a few buds around 1pm. if so, i'll swing by and say hello.

then i'm off to a wedding (which is why i am not in it this year) :(

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
campsite 14 a or b..??

mergs said:

did they give you have a campsite number yet?

i may do a lap with a few buds around 1pm. if so, i'll swing by and say hello.

then i'm off to a wedding (which is why i am not in it this year) :(

hey mergs. we were lucky to get a cabin. i believe it's campsite 14a or 14b. i'm not the captain so i'm not required to remember all that stuff. hope you stop by. have fun at your bachelor party!

phat

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hey Mergs, you in hoboken?

I've been here for 5 years now. Keep an eye out for a skinny guy pedaling a silver Foes FXR around town.

I'll be at 'muchy 2004 riding solo, but on my hardtail (blue/yellow cannondale)

good luck y'all, and thank god it won't be raining! ;)

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
bubbrubb said:
Hey Mergs, you in hoboken?

I've been here for 5 years now. Keep an eye out for a skinny guy pedaling a silver Foes FXR around town.

I'll be at 'muchy 2004 riding solo, but on my hardtail (blue/yellow cannondale)

good luck y'all, and thank god it won't be raining! ;)

I used to live in Hoboken, but now I am up in West Milford. I still get down to 'boken on Tues nights for hoboken ski club meetings (held at Willie McBrides). In fact I was there down there last night. your post about switzerland, where i said i've been to Switzerland 3 times, well those were HSC trips. Good fun they are !

Good luck at the mooch. Dry conditions definitely help, but beware that 3am dew on the roots, they can be killer! ;)

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
phatbiker said:
hey mergs. we were lucky to get a cabin. i believe it's campsite 14a or 14b. i'm not the captain so i'm not required to remember all that stuff. hope you stop by. have fun at your bachelor party!

phat
oh yeah... you told me that already....duh. :) good score getting that cabin.

·
www.justthebonnet.com
1,475 Posts
Sure, its always good just to see the logistics of the race if you are interested. Also you can pre-ride the course, find some obvious difficult technical areas and stand way off to the side and watch people either <p>A. get over the obstacle properly and learn from them or<p> B. Watch dopes like me miss the obstacle and face plant, and you get a good laugh at them. Just remember to stay out of peoples way. nothing pisses off racers like people on the actual course, stay off to the sides!!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts