Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Riddler
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get some bike setup stuff out of the way now for the 24 Hours of Big Bear and wondering if people had experience with the course. I'm thinking of racing a Hutchinson Piranha mounted tubeless on crossmax sl, and bringing a set of 1.9 IRC seracs on some mavic 717s as a backup for muddy conditions.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome. Gonna be rolling solo if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Schwalbe!

Kaparzo said:
Trying to get some bike setup stuff out of the way now for the 24 Hours of Big Bear and wondering if people had experience with the course. I'm thinking of racing a Hutchinson Piranha mounted tubeless on crossmax sl, and bringing a set of 1.9 IRC seracs on some mavic 717s as a backup for muddy conditions.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome. Gonna be rolling solo if that makes any difference.
I won the solo race at BB last year running Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.1 UST tires front/rear on Crossmax SL wheels. The course was fairly dry (had been wet the week before the race, but dried up). I was concerned the Nobby Nic might be too much tire for the course, but it worked awesome. The tire really hooked up and gave me the confidence to bomb the long gnarly downhill through the whole night. Big props to Schwalbe on this one.

My only other suggestion would be to run the NN 2.1 UST up front, and the Racing Ralph 2.1 UST in the rear to save some rolling resistance.

I raced BB the previous year, solo, on Python UST tires, and don't think they're enough tire for the course.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.