Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
24hr racing near Gulf Shores in July/August

My wife wants to go to Gulf Shores this summer with the kids. I am trying to negotiate a 24 hr race into the trip, but in needss to be in Southern Alabama or Western Florida. Any hint of anything?

Thanks,

Rich

·
Not Smart Enough to Quit
644 Posts
September 2nd - 13 Hours of Santos - Belleview, FL - www.goneriding.com

Although this is a first class event put on by a first class promotor, I'm afriad that's about the best that you are going to do. It's just too hot in July & August to do those kind of races. When are you planning to go? Where are you comming from? How long will you stay? Early September is probably a better time to go there than middle summer. It gets way hot & very crowded. You could hit the beach on that Monday night & stay the week. Surely the room rates would go down after the Labor day Monday.

Gulf shores is a great place to end a season, but I don't think that I couldn't stay there for a week then do a race! It's way to easy to eat too much, drink too much & do too little! If you don't get in a race, bring a road bike. Some of the roads have a bike lane.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hot I can handle all day long. We're coming from Texas...in fact I race better in the heat, than the cold.

Thanks for the tip, I will keep my eyes open for something else as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.