Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy dan and I are registering this friday, hopefully its not full by then. We are runing a duo team. Is anyone else racing ? or going to party ? Ive never been riding in tucson , does anyone know what trail there runing , conditions of the trail ? And your tire selection/input would be greatly appriciated as well.

thanks.
jeff.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Solo SS. so....I'll be partying not racing. The course map is on the race website. little FR and a good dose of Sonoran Desert single track. Nothing tech. just flowy goodness.

tires......fast ones. or the big meat tires I have on my SS, as implied above, I'm a run what you brung kind of guy.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
jeff-y said:
My buddy dan and I are registering this friday, hopefully its not full by then. We are runing a duo team. Is anyone else racing ? or going to party ? Ive never been riding in tucson , does anyone know what trail there runing , conditions of the trail ? And your tire selection/input would be greatly appriciated as well.

thanks.
jeff.
Better hurry up. I got an email from them recently that said only 95 spots left (out of 1600). It's the best race of the year. Second largest 24 race in the nation, after Moab. That said, the actual course if a breeze. 16 miles of non-techy trails.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,800 Posts
I'm riding it. On a team. I'll be riding my mountain bike and using tires. I have no idea what the course is like.

·
A plethora of pinatas
1,260 Posts
I am doing a 4 man team and Ty is doing a 5 person co-ed junior team. We rode a few laps on the course last weekend and the trails are in great condition.

Looking forward to seeing everyone down there for some fun!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Doing it again this year with a group of old geezers! I did multiple laps last year on both the SS rigid 29er w/ Kenda's all around and with my Canzo full squish 29er and kenda's. Had faster times on the SS (not by much) but the squish was nice at night when you can't see the bumps! Course is fast and flowey with zero tech....and oh watch out for the jumping cholla!

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
I wanna do this race again one of these days. Stopped doing it a couple years ago because the a DH race at Bootleg Canyon always falls on the same weekend.

That being said, it's a great time. It's the large scene of cool people and great event planning that makes it cool. the course is incredibly dull in my opinion. Just my opinion though, I hear many people rave about it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I am doing it again this year... great race and really fun time.

I remember doing this on Eabos's team a few years ago... it was super fun to watch him, Landon, and I think powerranger turning laps on walmart/borrowed bikes with flat pedals... wearing tank tops, tennis shoes, gym shorts!!!

One of my best Old pueblo memories was Landon coming back from his lap with bloody knees and elbows and a Ripped white wife beater (when it was like 35 degrees!!) LOL!!! :) Man, these guys have come a LOOOOOONG way and put on a lot of miles on bikes (and eabos's mom) in the past several years!

·
A plethora of pinatas
1,260 Posts
There are so many great Old Pueblo memories!

One of my favorites is from about 4 years ago when it was really cold out there. Dru, who is one of the original drunkcyclist gang, is getting ready to head out on a lap in honor of a fallen comrade, Kyle. It is freezing cold out and Dru heads out on his lap wearing just a DC wifebeater, speedos and pink fishnet stocking - Classic!

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
mcoplea said:
There are so many great Old Pueblo memories!

One of my favorites is from about 4 years ago when it was really cold out there. Dru, who is one of the original drunkcyclist gang, is getting ready to head out on a lap in honor of a fallen comrade, Kyle. It is freezing cold out and Dru heads out on his lap wearing just a DC wifebeater, speedos and pink fishnet stocking - Classic!
Two words: nakkid guy.

(Marty, did you get my FB message?)

·
A plethora of pinatas
1,260 Posts
This is one of my favorite videos from the 24HITOP. Tinker, THE Drunkcyclist, Sadow with the shotgun, Raptor Guy, jailbreak guy on a cruiser, monster cross rider, New Beligum Beer hand offs, and skinny's fond memory of nakkid guy...

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Leethal said:
Brian if I am still in town would be happy to wrench for you.. since your racing SS, that includes:
1) a nice cold one every lap
2) repeat as necessary
you'll have to keep the fire going as well. :D

that would be cool. the plan is to get a nice sized group set up for other Solo friends in the pit area.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.