Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DFL>DNF>DNS
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little over a year ago TurtleGerl posted an interesting challenge on FB. Climb 10,000 feet in a 24 hr span, by any means. So, if you're a roadie & mountain biker, you could combine two rides as long as they were within the same 24 hr window. Hiking counts too. She did some crazy interval road ride up & down 56th st?? something like 100 times to hit the goal, pretty intense.

So, I know a bunch of you out there have done some burly rides. Post 'em up, let's see some.

I have four under my belt now, so I'll start:

Flagstaff: Little Bear's CrAzY90 (I suckered stevland into this one as well)

South Mountain: Sawtooth70

AZT300, the real beast, fully loaded. The last 24 hrs gave me 15,440' That was effin' tough.

·
1,442 Posts
Didn't you do the old APC 115? That was definitely over 10,000.

I have the Gila 100 and BCT from 169 to ELH. Those are both showing over 10,000 - though I suspect the BCT one may not be accurate. It didn't "feel" that big.

I have lots of rides in the 9,000s, but few over 10k.

·
Break it, Fix it, Ride it
1,940 Posts
The PMC from a few years ago is the closest I've come. TF gave me over 10k! Gipped again by Garmin!
<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/102061759'></iframe>

·
Registered
103 Posts
Back in the day racing for Western State (LONG before any kind of tracking, this was 86/87) our team did the route that would become the Triple Bypass. Be kind of fun to see if I could do it again, but it'd take me a year to get in that kind of shape again.

https://www2.triplebypass.org/

John

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
A little over a year ago TurtleGerl posted an interesting challenge on FB. Climb 10,000 feet in a 30 day span, by any means. So, if you're a roadie & mountain biker, you could combine two rides as long as they were within the same 30-day window. Hiking counts too. She did some crazy interval road ride up & down 56th st?? something like 100 times to hit the goal, pretty intense.

So, I know a bunch of you out there have done some burly rides. Post 'em up, let's see some.
Fixed it for you. I've met this challenge 3 times.

·
Give it a crank
2,995 Posts
That's way out of my range, congrats to you guys. I climbed 10K feet in 10 minutes once in a hang glider over Mingus Mountain until I almost puked. Then glided all the way to Sedona and landed short of Meteor Crater. True story.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Go back and reread my repost of John's original post. I've done the 100k in 30 days challenge three times. I have no idea what my biggest 24 hour total is, but it's not even close to 100k.

·
Got a suspension fork
2,447 Posts
I knew that I'd never done a 10k day, but I just checked to verify. I've got 10 days over 5,000 feet and under 7,000. But I've never crested 7,000 in a ride.

Hats off to you maniacs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts