Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Just wanted to let the good folks at 24HOA know that they did a great job at this weekends race. As a Norcal race promoter I know how much work goes into doing 3 hour races, the work required to do this must be incredible. There was talk of crappy course conditions but I was able to ride all of the course and thought it was great. There was a lot of work that needed to be done to that course to make it enjoyable for us racers, 24HOA did an outstanding job and should be commended for it. This was my first time riding in SoCal and my first 24 hour event and I think the course was well suited to the demands of the race, not too hard nor too easy. I think everyone there had a great time on course.
Also a big thanks to the volunteers out there, having some dude in a cheerleader outfit cheering you on at three in the morning was outstanding, everyone there was real supportive of us Solo's and it really helps! The park staff there was a real surprise as well, nothing beats having supportive land managers, any of you who have been shot down by your local park staff can relate to this.
Once again thanks to all of you folks out there who made my first 24 a real experience.
Sean Allan, Male Solo winner

·
Registered
2 Posts
I flew more than 3000km from Edmonton, Alberta to do what was also my first 24 hour solo, and I echo Sean's comments: the Hurkey Creek event was well organized, well executed, and the volunteers were first rate.

Whether it was 2pm or 2am, I got the same encouragement and service from every checkpoint volunteer. And maybe a true testament to the work put into the course to make it race ready - as a rider I had no idea it was ever in anything but the great shape it was in the entire weekend. Any repairs or work done was 100% seamless to me (although I had never ridden the course before race day).

Finally, thanks to Stuart and his race crew for giving a little extra love on each lap to a fellow Canadian a long way from home. I got the qualifier spot for World's I flew down there to get (which was hard to prep for through a Canadian winter), so I'll be seeing you again in September.

Mike Cabigon
5th place, Solo Male

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the Hurkey Creek overpass!

24 HOA did a great job this weekend. As a solo I was worried about all the stream crossings, organizers built bridges over all the nasty ones. All of the wash-out areas were well groomed and stable. I look forward to spending another fun weekend in September with 24 HOA.
Todd Carpenter
Third Male Solo

p.s. see you in B.C. Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hurkey Creek

The guys at Adrenalin do a great race. Enjoyed the course and thought it was beee-u-t-ful.
I hope you everyone who lives in So-Cal makes the 5 hour drive in October 2005 to race at the 24 Hours of Adrenalin at McDowell Mountain Park in Fountain Hills AZ.. This race is a (unfortunately) well kept secret. Its a 11 mile course, with wicked fun downhill, lots of whoopdee doos and not near as much climbing as Hurkey Creek. Weather just like what we raced in at Hurkey Creek.
The McDowell course was home to the original Cactus Cup and now hosts the NORBA/Nova Cup...quality track. Hope to see ya there.
Thx Stuart and Mike for a great time

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where are the results from the spring Idyllwild race?

Where are the results from the spring Idyllwild race?

All promoters need to realize some of us consider the published results as part of the product and services we're paying for in our entry fee. 24HOA isn't the only one guilty of ignoring this. :(

·
Banned
110 Posts
Hurkey Results

You are correct; results are part of the overall package. Please understand that with the 12 extra days of trail work our priority was a fun and safe course. This drained our resources and thus results are a little behind. Please also note that at almost all our past events results were posted that very same day. Unfortunately the Hurkey Creek Park is remote and our Internet ability is zero.

Results will be posted shortly... lets keep things positive... how was your weekend overall for example?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the 24HOA events, and spearheaded the compliments regarding the hard work on the race course. And I'm really looking forward to racing again next week at Laguna Seca, but I thought I'd point out ...

There's a large hole in your internet access is null argument when you post messages online.... just something to think about...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.